Boco – the next step in fine dining for the masses
Leonie van Spronsen, lives and works in Paris and recently had lunch at boco bistrot where you get food made from recipes by top chefs.
It is an ongoing process, chefs decline Michelin stars, close down their Michelin starred restaurants to start a gastropub like Ron Blaauw, Michelin starred restaurants start selling take-away chicken and what self respecting chef doesn’t have a bistrot or tapas bar next to his restaurant? The fine dining world is becoming more and more accessible for the world to taste.
The French brothers Vincent and Simon Ferniot want to take this to the next level. Boco, a French F&B concept started in Paris, bringing together 8 different chefs that are renowned and celebrated in the culinary world for a fast casual, take away concepts. Every day they sell the favourite dishes of those 8 chefs made after their recipe in beautifully recyclable glass packages. On the display you can see who created the dish next to a full description of the biological ingredients.
Boco creates a culinary experience for everyone, a chance for anyone in the area to improve their daily life with a small look into the kitchen of an awarded chef. And if they want to – they can try a different chef every day of the week.
More information about boco:
The brothers Ferniot spent eighteen months working together intensely before their project was reality. Everything can be summarized in three ideas.
1. Bistro Presto – A quality cuisine served in glass jars on or off the premises, in a bistro with Parisian accents. The average price of a full meal
(Starter, main course and dessert) is below 15 euros.
2. Stars in the jar – the creations of the greatest Chefs and Pastry Chefs – the recipes have been created by eight of the greatest French Chefs and Pastry Chefs. And they’re waiting for other talents to join the ‘la bande à boco’.
3. At boco, the food is organic, wild or labelled. Anything that’s not edible (tableware, products, publications etcetera) is green, sustainable or recyclable.
Boco has 6 outlets in Paris.
The chefs are:
• Anne-Sophie Pic, Restaurant Pic***, Valence (Drôme)
• Gilles Goujon, L’Auberge du Vieux Puits***, Fontjoncouse (Aude)
• Emmanuel Renaut, Flocons de Sel***, Megève (Haute-Savoie)
• Jean-Michel Lorain, La Côte Saint-Jacques**, Joigny (Yonne)
• Régis Marcon, Restaurant Régis et Jacques Marcon***, Saint-Bonnet-le-Froid (Haute-Loire)
• Christophe Michalak, Hôtel Le Plaza-Athénée, Paris (8ème)
• Frédéric Bau, L’École du Grand Chocolat Valrhona & Restaurant Umia, Tain l’Hermitage (Drôme)
• Philippe Conticini, La Pâtisserie des Rêves, Paris