The New York Collection | By the Dominique Ansel Bakery in Soho
As from today, July 4th (Independence Day) through September 2nd (Labor Day), the Dominique Ansel Bakery is transforming their entire pastry case at the Soho Bakery (189 Spring Street, NYC) into a dessert tribute to New York, with a ‘capsule collection’ of 9 new desserts inspired by all the things they love about NYC.
We love the combination of creativity and real good taste at the bakeries of Dominique Ansel! In the past we wrote a couple of articles about this entrepreneur / pastry chef. Just put his name in the ‘search’ bar at the front page of Horecatrends and you’ll hit a lot of inspiration, in product and the way his social media is done. If you love pastry and you’re living in or visiting NYC this summer, you should definitely visit his bakery!
The New York Collection | A dessert love story to the city
This year marks Chef Dominique’s 15th year in NYC, so what better way to pay tribute to the Big Apple than with a dessert love story to the city! Think: Bodega Coffee Tiramisu (a nod to those iconic blue coffee cups), an ‘Everything Bagel & Schmear’ Pavlova, a New York Slice that’s actually a strawberry tart, a Haute Dog made of raspberry cremeux and lady’s fingers ‘buns’, a Pretzel cake inspired by street cart soft pretzels, and more.
The New York Collection includes
- Bodega Coffee Tiramisu – a nod to those iconic blue coffee cups at the corner bodega, with espresso & amaretto-soaked almond biscuit, mascarpone ganache, and dark chocolate mousse.
- ‘Everything Bagel & Schmear’ Pavlova – honey graham cracker meringue topped with sesame seed, poppy seeds, and toasted coconut, filled with cheese mousse and sour cherry jam
- New York Slice – a slice of ‘pizza’ that’s actually a strawberry tart, with fromage blanc mousse, fresh sliced strawberries, strawberry basil jam, kirsch-soaked almond biscuit, and vanilla sable.
- Pretzel – inspired by those fluffy street cart soft pretzels, with pretzel bavaroise, soft caramel, and crispy peanut butter feuilletine.
- Haute Dog – fluffy biscuit à la cuillère (ladyfingers) soaked in coconut syrup, with raspberry cremeux, passion fruit curd, and shredded coconut
- A Bite of the Big Apple – with apple gelée, fresh Gala apples, and vanilla bavaroise, set atop vanilla sablé with a hint of sharp cheddar.
- A Stroll in Central Park Chocolate Hazelnut Acorn – hazelnut mousse, blackberry crème de cassis jam, hazelnut dacquoise, crispy hazelnut feuilletine.
- Yellow Taxi Salted Caramel Éclair – filled with creamy salted caramel pastry cream.
- Spring Street Chocolate Éclair – filled with chocolate pastry cream and named for our Spring Street home.
The desserts are only available daily until sold out!
Website: Dominique Ansel